Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Ready or Not Here Comes March Ski Madness

The ambitious plan here is to race three marathons in the next four weekends, plus take in several days of skiing at Alyeska.

Although training has gone pretty well--and great compared to last year and what I thought might be possible at the beginning of winter--I don't think I'm as fit as 2008 and 2009. More like 2006 (when I did the 40 at Tour of Anchorage and was about 10th at the Sonot), or maybe 2007.

In January and February I got in the requisite hours (I think), about 90 hr total. December was more like 32 or 35 hours. What I did lack this time was a consistent 2.5 to 3 hr ski most weeks, interspersed with 1.5 to 2 hr mid week efforts, often with 45 min to 1 hr at L3. Those were hard to come by. Still I got in several good efforts of 2:00 to 2:50, including the the grueling 30K race the other week, the only time I felt a bonk.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to the end of winter. This has been a long-cold one.

And the racing, it's all for fun anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home