Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Constant Recovery Mode

My mileage is pretty moderate (30 to 50 miles a week since late April or early May) and "workouts" are hardly taxing (moderate effort fartlek and pace work but no more than 30% to 50% of of reps than you'd expect), but I feel like I'm in constant recovery mode. Not just the knee--which does cause me to take off a day or really back down--but just general feeling in my legs and body. I just don't have the zip any more, nor the desire to go out and push like two, three, or five years ago.

2 Comments:

Blogger joe positive said...

hmmm, had any bloodwork lately?

2:17 PM  
Blogger Roger said...

ahh, I'm overdue for a check up, but have promised myself to get a physical, including blood work, and cardiac stress test this summer. Nevertheless, this seems to be more of a biomechanical than a nutritional or physiological issue.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home