Thursday, August 05, 2010

That didn't sound good.

I took five weeks off from running with the hope that would be enough of a break to start running again. Probably not. After logging a total of 4.5 miles over three days the knee started to get sore, and the PT noticed some bursitis creeping back in. So I stopped running after Tuesday's epic 2 miler.

After a short meeting at the office yesterday I stood up and my knee buckled, popped, and squished loud enough for others to hear. It was aenough to draw some comments, as well as a groan from me.

I don't think it's the end, maybe just the bursitis. Overall it actually feels pretty good and 10 days of physical therapy are starting to make a difference. I hope.

So I rollerskied along the Parks Highway (averaging ~5:30/mile), and felt great until the last stretch when I hit a rock, fell, and whacked my elbow.

Isn't that how all this began last October?

2 Comments:

Blogger Geoffrey said...

Hi, Roger--I have been ruing my mistake about the half-marathon date since I saw you at Gulliver's this PM--though I am a little relieved, too, being tired. I copied all the race dates into my calendar from the RCN on-line calendar this spring, where it is listed for August 8th--obviously I had opportunities to double-check this one (like the bib-pickup). (That site sent people to Lathrop instead of West Valley for the mile race, so I knew it was not reliable--but I was paying more attention that week.)

This is a trifle, esp. considering the issues in your post. I meant to tell you this afternoon that I was moved by your long entry about your wife's running career and illness--I believe she was with you today, along with one of your sons? Good luck to you, and to her, with everything--I will keep my fingers crossed and hope to find you at the Midnight Sun Run next year--

Take care--

6:58 PM  
Blogger Roger said...

Thanks for the note Geoff, but sorry that I was the bearer of bad news and that you missed the race.

Speaking of which, I need to get the age graded rankings up this week.

Enjoy the waning days of summer here and then you'll get the best time of year in Colorado. I loved the fall there.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home