Friday, October 18, 2013

Series Points Just Don't Add Up

But I guess I'm not complaining too much.

I'm talking about the Flint Hills Race series here.

This year I only did six of the eight races, and here are my overall places/scores:

Chena River Run 15th (35 pts)
Midnight Sun Run 12th (38 pts)
Flint Hills Mile 5th (65 pts)
Run of the Valkyries did not run (0 pts)
Gold Discovery Run 5th (65 pts)
Santa Clause Half Marathon 2nd (85 pts)
Golden Heart 5K XC did not run (0 pts)
Equinox Marathon 7th (51 pts)

With a score like that I might be happy for a top five (podium finish) or six overall, which would be pretty good for an old guy. But guess where I finished in the rankings?

2nd. Go figure.

Now to age group rankings

Chena River Run 1st
Midnight Sun Run 1st
Flint Hills Mile 1st
Run of the Valkyries did not run
Gold Discovery Run 1st
Santa Clause Half Marathon
Golden Heart 5K XC did not run
Equinox Marathon 1st

So I won six of eight and set age records each time. Guess where I finished in the age group rankings?

2nd. Go figure.

So to play on one of my favorite running memes (from an old poster): The race is not always to the swift but to those who show up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home