Tuesday, September 01, 2009
- Name: Roger
- Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
This is my coaching and personal blog. I have been coaching distance runners for most of the past 25 years and have been running since 1976. In 2005 I initiated Northern Lights Online Coaching. Here are my obligatory personal bests at various distances--all way way old. Interestingly, my age-graded masters times are surprisingly close to most of these (except the marathon, where I'm now relatively slower). 1500 meters - 4:05 (1986); 5k - 15:13 (1985); 10k - 31:48 (1983); 10 mile - 53:39 (1989); 1/2 marathon - 1:10:55* (1982); Marathon - 2:30* (1983). (*altitude converted, using 2.5% conversion factor) I've also been skiing all my life, starting out as recreational alpine skier as a kid, but I shifted to Nordic in my mid 20s. I skied one year for Colorado State University and spent a few years on the Rocky Mountain and Intermountain circuit, including a couple of USSA Nationals. In my professional life, I work as a natural resources planner for the government. Before that I spent 20 years as a wildlife biologist and graduate student. Those experiences I will describe in the future.
- XC Fest: Interior Invite and Golden Heart Trail 5K...
- New American Record for 5000 Meters!
- Points Whore Nabs 2nd When Fat Lady Sings
- Modified Multspeed Training for a 50+ Runner
- Santa Claus Half
- Glowing with No Ebb in Sight
- Dodging fires and micron bullets
- Fires in the Interior
- Running under the radar
- New youtube adventure and other things