Monday, April 13, 2009

Phase I transition

Three weeks after the Oosik Classic 43K and three weeks to go before the Chena River Run 5K, the transition to running seems to be going okay. I break this down to two phases--phase I was recovery and just getting out the door on a limited basis, while building my mileage up.

I did 4:47, 5:32, and 7:02 of training in the past three weeks, with weekly running mileage increasing from 22.5 and 27.5 to 34. Prior to that I was only running about 10 miles a week for the previous 6 or 8 weeks. Meanwhile, the snow is still nice (getting slushy after the weekend) and I've been out 2-3X week. This is a great time of year to be out on the trails, just skiing and enjoying the warmer weather an long days.

Happiness is a new pair of shoes. I bought a pair of New Balance 757s last week and they feel great.

Snowmelt this year is proceeding slowly but evenly. No big and rapid melt down. Most roads are clear now and the bike paths are getting there. But we still have 2-3 feet of snow most places.

Phase II starts now. More mileage, into the 40s and some tempos and some pace work are ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home